Telegram channels have published the full text of the statement by the leaders of Russia, Armenia and Azerbaijan, Vladimir Putin, Nikol Pashinyan, and Ilham Aliyev, on the end of the war in the Nagorno Karabakh region and the conditions of peace.
The statement contains nine points in which Russia and the parties to the conflict declare a ceasefire, the introduction of Russian peacekeepers, the exchange of prisoners and the bodies of the deceased, and says that the districts taken by the Azerbaijani army will remain under the control of the republic. Below is the full text of the statement:
We, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan I. H. Aliyev, Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia N. V. Pashinyan, and President of the Russian Federation V. V. Putin declare the following:
1. A complete ceasefire and a cessation of all hostilities in the zone of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict shall be introduced at 00:00 hours Moscow time on November 10, 2020. The Republic of Azerbaijan and the Republic of Armenia, from now on referred to as the Parties, shall stop at their current positions.
2. Aghdam district and the territories held by the Armenian Party in Gazakh district of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall be returned to the Azerbaijan Party before November 20, 2020.
3. Along the contact line in Nagorno-Karabakh and along the Lachin corridor, a peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation shall be deployed in the amount of 1,960 military personnel with small arms, 90 armored personnel carriers, 380 units of the automobile and special equipment.
4. The peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation shall be deployed in parallel with the Armenian armed forces' withdrawal. The peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation shall be deployed for five years with automatic extension by further five-year periods if none of the Parties declares six months before the expiration of the period of its intention to terminate the application of this provision.
5. To increase the effectiveness of control over the implementation of the agreements by the Parties to the conflict, a peacekeeping center shall be deployed to exercise control over the ceasefire.
6. The Republic of Armenia shall return Kalbajar district to the Republic of Azerbaijan before November 15, 2020, and Lachin district before December 1, 2020, while retaining the Lachin corridor (5km wide), which shall provide a connection of Nagorno-Karabakh with Armenia and shall not affect the city of Shusha.
By agreement of the Parties, a plan for constructing a new route along the Lachin corridor shall be determined in the next three years, providing communication between Nagorno-Karabakh and Armenia, with the subsequent redeployment of the Russian peacekeeping contingent to protect this route. The Republic of Azerbaijan shall guarantee the safety of citizens, vehicles, and goods traveling along the Lachin corridor in both directions.
7. Internally displaced persons and refugees shall return to the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh and adjacent districts under the control of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
8. The exchange of prisoners of war and other detainees and bodies of the dead shall be carried out.
9. All economic and transport links in the region shall be unblocked. The Republic of Armenia shall provide for transport communication between the western regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic to organize an unhindered movement of citizens, vehicles, and goods in both directions. Control over transport shall be exercised by the Border Guard Service bodies of the Federal Security Service (FSB) of Russia.
By agreement of the Parties, the construction of new transport communications linking the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic with the western regions of Azerbaijan shall be provided.
NEWS.ru earlier reported that Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan signed a statement with the presidents of Russia and Azerbaijan Vladimir Putin and Ilham Aliyev to end the Karabakh war from 01:00 on November 10.